Happy Friday to all! It has been such a busy, yet exciting month. I published my first book, Have Spirit Will Travel, and the final prep and proofreading was both time consuming and stressful because I wanted everything to be, (oh I can see my sister cringing as she reads this sentence), perfect. I finally got over my neurotic self and remembered that perfection is an illusion. I’d done the best I could, and it was enough. And since I can’t overlook an opportunity for self promotion, you can find links to purchase my book by going to my “Home” page above. 😉
So in the month of July I managed to complete all 8 goals. (Cue the applause!) Type A much?
- Work on book two of the Skyler Sullivan series – Done. Synopsis brainstormed with my sister and tons of notes taken
- Review comments from last beta reader – Done
- Research MailChimp – Done. Now I need to learn how to use it
- Follow 8 like-minded blogs (I don’t know why I chose 8, but it feels right, and I am all about instinct) – Done
- Complete my author page on Goodreads – Done
- Research and plan a book launch – Done
- Read Let’s Get Visible – How to Get Noticed and Sell More Books, by David Gaughran – Done. Awesome read full of practical and needed information. A solid 5 star. In addition to this, I read, Successful Self-Publishing: How to self-publish and market your book in ebook and print, by Joanna Penn, which is definitely another solid 5 star read.
- Publish Have Spirit Will Travel. What??? I know. It is exciting. – Done
I will be taking a week or so off from the business of writing, so I’ll have fewer goals in August.
- Draft a Skyler Sullivan short story
- Update and organize my Skyler Sullivan mythology notes
- Write the first two chapters of Book Two
- Set up Author’s Page on Amazon
- Read Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books by Chris Fox
- Read 2,000 to 10,000: How to Write Faster, Write Better, and Write More of What You Love by Rachel Aaron
Wishing you a wonderful August.